Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: School Board Meeting Tonite

  1. #11
    Inactive Member FOOTBALLFEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    why did you not say towns? The "TOWN" of St. Paul was incorporated in 1908, so what does your comment intend?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    There are no towns in St. Paul and Appy just some schools and a couple of gas stations

    Edit: Sorry i forgot Payless
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member FOOTBALLFEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    I don't necessary believe that St. Paul would "die", due to its proximity to the Dominion power plant. It may see a drop off, but I believe the town would continue to go on. However, I do not endorse consolidation due to the fact that money will have to be raised via taxes to build new schools and athletic facilities. This would mean that a county that has almost 40 percent of its citizens on fixed income would see a hike in thier taxes? I simply do not see how this would work unless there is a better alternative.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FOOTBALLFEVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't necessary believe that St. Paul would "die", due to its proximity to the Dominion power plant. It may see a drop off, but I believe the town would continue to go on. However, I do not endorse consolidation due to the fact that money will have to be raised via taxes to build new schools and athletic facilities. This would mean that a county that has almost 40 percent of its citizens on fixed income would see a hike in thier taxes? I simply do not see how this would work unless there is a better alternative. </div></div>

    The alternative is to spend as much or more money to renovate.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FOOTBALLFEVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't necessary believe that St. Paul would "die", due to its proximity to the Dominion power plant. It may see a drop off, but I believe the town would continue to go on. However, I do not endorse consolidation due to the fact that money will have to be raised via taxes to build new schools and athletic facilities. This would mean that a county that has almost 40 percent of its citizens on fixed income would see a hike in thier taxes? I simply do not see how this would work unless there is a better alternative. </div></div>

    The alternative is to spend as much or more money to renovate. </div></div>
    Exactly
    Why polish a turd when you could build a gem
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    How does everyone feel with the idea that all six schools would be closed and the 3 new schools would built in Dwina half way between Coeburn and St Paul, 0n 23 half between Wise and Pound and in between appy and Big Stone. New names and mascots with all new colors. It seems to me that everyone thinks the schools would built in Coeburn,Wise, and Big Stone. To be fair to the children and the bus rides the above locatons seem resposible to me.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FOOTBALLFEVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why did you not say towns? The "TOWN" of St. Paul was incorporated in 1908, so what does your comment intend? </div></div>

    Refer to Milk3's earlier post.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    How did Lee go about with their consolidation in reference to taxing and such? And how was the reactions? Not old to remember any thing about it. I've heard people were unhappy, but I've never really asked more about it and I can't imagine it being to Wise Co.'s extent.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    Indian Creek - Wild Indians
    GO VOLS

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonite

    I concur with a previous post on another thread. Name the Wise-Pund combo after the man that the county is named after. The govenors isn't a bad nick either (noble in fact). Henry A. Wise High School,Home of the Govenors


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_A._Wise
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •